Monday, August 23, 2010

Auntie Ami's 50th Birthday Party!

I am an only child. I don't say that with bitterness, I'm just saying it because it's fact. I'd like to think that I never acted like "one of them," but who knows, maybe I did act like a diva once in awhile. I know for sure that I do sometimes act like one now & then. But I own it & I think it's fun.

If you've known me since I was little, you've known that I was raised with my cousins, Chelsea & Chandra. Chelsea & I are the same age & Chan is 3 years younger than us. I can remember so many things about my childhood & spending my weekends with them. Most of all I remember my Auntie & Uncle ALWAYS having the family over. I remember tons of food, lots of laughing, music, more laughing, dancing, drinks & more laughing. It's always been that way for as long as I can remember.

A few months ago, while having lunch with my cousins, discussion of throwing my Auntie a surprise 50th birthday party came up & before we knew it, plans were in the works. All seemed to go perfect....until TWO DAYS prior when the tents showed up at the house. So it didn't turn out EXACTLY as planned but it was still so much fun. It was just like old times, hanging out in the yard, listening to music, eating, drinking & dancing....with tons of laughter.

Auntie Ami....i love you!! Even though I called you a "party ruiner," it was all in fun. I hope you had a GREAT birthday party & I hope to look as fabulous as you when I turn 50. love you...










No comments:

Post a Comment